Thursday 20 July 2017

tumeric powder and tumeric latte's

Tumeric day lovelies - 

I'm amazed at how easy preparing tumeric powder was. How superb the final product has turned out. 

I started with a beautiful product, grown spray free fresh tumeric. I just scraped it, sliced it, and put it in my dehydrator for most of today. Then milled it. Beautiful fresh smelling powerful tumeric powder.



Now my tumeric lattes take on a whole new meaning and taste of course. 

tumeric latte

I use my own almond milk, made in a flash. 1 cup of almonds soaked in water for about 8 hours. Strain then put nuts in the blender. Add 1 cup of fresh cold water. Blend until a good thick paste. Add 3 more cups of water, blend. Strain thru a nut bag. 

You can add a spoonful of maple syrup or honey, but I dont.

oh back to the latte

heat the milk in a pot on the cooktop.in the cups 3/4 tsp of tumeric, 1/4 tsp of cinnamon or nutmeg, 1 tsp of honey. Pour a little hot water over the spice and stir.Then pour the hot milk over. Stir.



Now here's the thing- doing this was delightful, and humbling. Humbling because this beautiful food I have taken for granted to some extent in the past when I've bought it from the spice shop or off the shelf at the supermarket. 
Now I understand the process, and have learned the power of this food for our bodies. 



No comments: