Tuesday 11 October 2016

Sleeping beauty - NOT!


Part 1 

Before you rush to the Doctor or Health shop for remedies chasing the ultimate sleep support ask your self the following questions - or you can send your answers to me in a private email (jocelyn@ihug.co.nz) if you wish, I’ll make some suggestions for you.

1. What medications (prescribed by GP or health supplements) am I taking each day?

2. What drinks in the day did I have? - Tea, coffee, alcohol

3. What foods did I eat in the day? We are all affected differently by various foods - eggs, grain(bread, cereal), spice, meat. Is there any foods I know I might react to? 

4. What physical activity did I do today? Walk, golf, drive long distance, fly?

5. Did I watch TV in bed until I fell asleep? Or turn it off in the lounge 5 minutes before I went to bed?

6. Did I bring my phone or laptop into the bedroom?

7. Am I a ‘like to be busy person’ ?

8. Did I wear any jewellery to bed?

9. When did I last get a new bed? Pillow? 

10. When did I last give my pillow an airing? In the dryer or hot water cupboard, or out in the sun?

11. What face cream did I put on before I got into bed?

12.  Do other people in the house or neighbourhood move around at night?


No comments: